20 Fun Facts about me!
1. I write the ending of my stories first.
2. My favorite author is Jane Austen.
3. I have temporal lobe epilepsy that developed from a childhood brain tumor and had my right temporal lobe partially removed.
4. I have a couple of tattoos, including one on my right shoulder of a baby elephant with a purple ribbon to represent my struggle with epilepsy.
5. I'm a latte addict. Hazelnut, decaf, almond milk.
6. My favorite color is blue. I prefer royal blue or navy, but I will settle for other shades as well.
7. My favorite restaurant is anything Mexican. I can put away some serious chips and salsa.
8. Pet peeves: are the phrases, "I know, right?" and when people say, "literally" in front of things that aren't literal. I also can't stand people who drive slow in the passing lane or people that pile a cart full of things in the self-checkout. <--- this... so much.
9. My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice, but I love all of Jane Austen's novels.
10. I have a vintage and antique book collection dating all the way back to 1820!
11. I grew up in a very small town in Ohio. This is where I met my husband! We are high school sweethearts and have been together for 20 years.
12. I have eight cats. People who don't love cats aren't my kind of people.
13. My arch-nemesis is sock matching. I have a basket of socks in my house that never get mated. In fact, my kids are quite accustomed to "cousins" and my mother does the sock matching when she comes to visit. I would rather clean toilets than find mates to socks. (NO one even sees your socks!)
14. To date, I've had over 145 rejections on my writing. You win some; you lose... a lot apparently when you're a writer!
15. I have lived in 10 states.
16. My first job was a cart gatherer at the Kroger grocery store.
17. My life's ambition is to travel the world and visit all the Jane Austen memorial sites.
18. I love classical music. ( the cello the most)
19. My arch-nemesis is sock matching. I have a basket of socks in my house that never get mated. In fact, my kids are quite accustomed to "cousins" and my mother does the sock matching when she comes to visit. I would rather clean toilets than find mates to socks. (NO one even sees your socks!)
20. I play the piano but not well.
Lastly, but most certainly not least, I live and meditate on Deuteronomy 31:8, Isaiah 41:10, and Exodus 14:14. God is good.