25 Fun Facts About Yours Truly
I've been an author long enough now that I figured it's time to share a few fun facts with the world about myself. So, here goes...
25 Fun Facts about me!
1. I am a 100% introvert. I could spend all day in my house talking to no one ever. If you know about personalities, I'm an INFP (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Prospecting).
2. My favorite author is Jane Austen.
3. I don't have all of my brain! I have temporal lobe epilepsy that developed from a childhood brain tumor and had my right temporal lobe partially removed.
4. I have a couple of tattoos, including one on my right shoulder of a baby elephant with a purple ribbon to represent my struggle with epilepsy.
5. I'm a latte addict. Hazelnut, decaf, almond milk.
6. My favorite color is blue. I prefer royal blue or navy, but I will settle for other shades as well.
7. My favorite restaurant is anything Mexican. I can put away some serious chips and salsa.
8. Pet peeves: the phrases, "I know, right?" and when people say, "literally" in front of things that aren't literal. I also can't stand people who drive slow in the passing lane, people that pile a cart full of things in the self-checkout(<--- this... so much), or people who use poor grammar.
9. My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice, but I love all of Jane Austen's novels.
10. I have a vintage and antique book collection dating all the way back to 1820!
11. I grew up in a very small town in Ohio. This is where I met my husband! We are high school sweethearts and have been together for 21 years.
12. I have seven cats. People who don't love cats aren't my kind of people.
13. My arch-nemesis is sock matching. I have a basket of socks in my house that never get mated. In fact, my kids are quite accustomed to "cousins" and my mother does the sock matching when she comes to visit. I would rather clean toilets than find mates to socks. (No one even sees your socks!)
14. To date, I've had over 145 rejections on my writing. You win some; you lose... a lot apparently when you're a writer!
15. I have lived in 10 states and more than 15 cities.
16. My first job was as a cart gatherer at the Kroger grocery store.
17. My life's ambition is to travel the world and visit all the Jane Austen memorial sites.
18. I love classical music. ( the cello the most)
19. When I'm not writing, I'm usually crafting(sewing), taking a walk, or shopping at Hobby Lobby, Kohls, or Marshalls.
20. I can play the piano but not well.
21. My very favorite Jane Austen line does not come from Pride and Prejudice but actually comes from Persuasion!
"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope."- Captain Wentworth
22. My favorite movie is (of course) Becoming Jane. I love this line:
"What is she doing?"
"Can anything be done about it?"
23. My favorite line from Pride and Prejudice is from Mr. Darcy when he and Elizabeth get engaged. "I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew I had begun."-Jane Austen
24. I once wrote an entire book in three days. Over 60,000 words in a weekend, truthfully.
25. My favorite word is incandescent. It honestly just sparks happiness. You cannot say it without feeling happy. My least is lunch. <----- hate this word with a fierce passion. No one can say this work with any dignity. No one.
Lastly, but most certainly not least, I live and meditate on Deuteronomy 31:8, Isaiah 41:10, and Exodus 14:14. God is good.